Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Master Bedroom: Conclusion

Finally a place to rest our weary heads after a years worth of renovations.
We still need to decorate the space and get pretty much all the furniture, but it's finished!!
And we couldn't be happier to call this room our master bedroom.


Before






After


The floors turned out beautifully and we love the colour. I don't think we could have found any type of new flooring that would have topped this. We still need to find a set of side tables, some art and a nice rug for under the bed. So much shopping to do!!!




We had the headboard custom made at a small boutique called Revive. We fell in love with the fabric and the nail head details around the trim. It is a very soothing palette. However I would love to find an accent colour to help bring a bit of pop to the room. The green bureau will be getting a paint makeover soon as I think we will be going with an all white furniture scheme.




Oh what a lovely site I see whenever I open my closet door. We installed an Ikea PAX closet system and I love it!! Nothing is better than having my OWN closet for all my clothes and shoes.



The two windows bring in allot of natural light. We bought white bamboo blinds to hide the sun and the grey curtains give a tone on tone look that I thought would be calming and romantic for the master.




Our office space turned out great. We bought the sage chaise at the same store as the headboard. We couldn't resist the suede material and the fact that it matched perfectly with the headboard fabric. The tripod lamp is also from the same store. The glass topped desk is an Ikea purchase. seeing that the space isn't huge we didn't want the desk to take up to much visual space. We plan on putting floating shelves both above the chaise and desk in the future to give a bit more of a library feel.






I could just lounge here all day.....and I think after the year we had I just might.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...